The monday blues and greens

So, its a sunday night and monday morning is rapidly approaching.
For some of you, especially those of you in the US (and maybe Canada), its going to be another grind just to get through the week.
For me, its going to be a day of rest and relaxation. Haa Haa!
Let me tell you a story.
So, for 2 years I was in a boarding school.
That's nothing, right?
But this wasn't your average boarding school experience. I would have to go away for 3 months at a time, which was (and still is) quite a lot.
I was only 12 at the time.
I will be talking about my experiences at this boarding school quite alot as they were quite bad.
Anyway, let me start from the beginning. I didn't have a proper schooling environment to go to as schools for the blind here are quite few and far between. My family and I had decided to give one of these a look. We went to the school in question and we found it to be quite well looked after. The campus was clean and orderly, the people friendly (or so I thought) and the teachers kind.
When asked about how I felt, I said that it would probably be grate. I don't know why i did this.
Anyway, the summer holidays were here and my mind began to drift closer and closer to the fact that I'd be spending 3 months away from my family. I wasn't someone who could handle that at the time (I was only 12).
Anyway, three weeks before, I began to have this nagging feeling that things might not work as expected.
Its just nerves, I said.
However, I just began to feel worse as time progressed closer to the day of departure.
Three weeks before I was due to depart, I felt as if I was being drowned in fear. I didn't want to say anything to my family as I thought it was normal considering the circumstances.
I mean come on, it would be at least 3 months before i saw them again.
Up until the night before I was scheduled to leave, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I only cried once (and that was hiding under my blanket hoping nobody would come in and find me), because men don't cry according to some old people from a long dead society, right?
Right.
Anyway, I remember the first night. We were spending it at some relatives place. It was fun.
I think I'll end here as this post has drawn out for too long.
Let me know what you want me to blog about next.
Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A very weird welcome